International Studies: Considerations
- Country of destination (where I want to go).
- Duration of the program (Length of time I would like to be abroad: a week, a month, eight weeks…)
- Type of programs that may be appealing given personal interests and the reasons for wanting to travel (adventure, academic, cultural and language immersion, developing leadership skills, community service).
- Application deadlines (particularly important if requesting financial aid).
- Attending school (in the southern hemisphere) for four weeks during the Saint Ann’s summer vacation*
- Living with a host family from the receiving school.
- Hosting your foreign counterpart at your home for four weeks in winter or spring.
*Exceptions to travel during the academic year can be made at the discretion of the head of the high school in agreement with the host school.