Here you will find information about the High School application process. You can download all of the High School application forms, find answers to frequently asked questions, and view a timeline of the High School application process.
– some quick facts
- Our High School is located at 129 Pierrepont Street, our main building.
- We have approximately 340 students in the high school with about 85 students per grade.
- Saint Ann’s students all complete a set of core requirements to graduate, however, they all go well beyond the minimum and no two schedules look alike. Please be sure to peruse our High School Course Catalog for 2018-2019.
- Read a letter from our Head of High School here.
Places in the 9th grade are available according to attrition from our current 8th grade class. Using the past few years as a guide, we expect to be able to offer around 10-12 places to new students for the fall of 2019.
Please note: We do not anticipate having any openings in 10th or 11th grades for the fall of 2019. We will accept applications and process supplementary materials, but will schedule interviews and tours on a case-by-case basis only if an opening arises. There is no fee for these applications.
- Every 9th grade applicant must attend a scheduled tour. To sign up for a tour, please visit our online tour registration page; signing up earlier will mean greater flexibility in terms of scheduling. Tours last about two hours and will run from October through December. It is not necessary to have submitted an application before visiting the school.
- Due to limited space on tours, we ask that only applicants interested in 9th grade for the 2019-2020 school year sign up for tours.
- All tours begin in Room 5-1 in our main building at 129 Pierrepont St.
- The application deadline is November 19, 2018. There is a non-refundable fee of $150 for applications.
- There is a section on the application where we invite applicants to tell us about themselves. This piece can be left blank and emailed separately to email@example.com by the time of the applicant’s interview. We’re happy to accept a response to an ISAAGNY common essay topic if the applicant has already written one for another school.
- After receiving a completed online application, we will call to schedule an interview. The earlier we receive the application, the more flexibility we will have in scheduling the applicant’s interview date.
- There is no parent interview.
- The interview will last about an hour and will be a mix of chatting and some very informal work (nothing the applicant needs to prepare for or fret over!). This is also when the applicant should share a portfolio if s/he has one.
- The tour is separate from the interview (see “Tour” section above.)
- We require the following for a completed application:
- Writing sample
- Current school transcript/reports
- 2 teacher recommendations and, if applicable, a division head/grade dean/guidance counselor recommendation
- Test scores from the ISEE or SSAT
- All materials should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 14, 2019. Please do not send hard copies if possible.
- We accept both the ISEE and the SSAT. We do not have an SSAT code, so please email us a copy of your results. If the applicant has taken the ERB at school within the past year, s/he may submit that in lieu of the previously mentioned tests. Please note this is merely a small piece of an holistic assessment and there is no minimum score requirement.
- Give the Records Release Form (available here) to the applicant’s current school so that they can send us his/her transcripts/school reports. Do not send the form to Saint Ann’s. If possible, we would like reports from both 7th grade and first semester 8th grade.
- All applicants must submit a sample of their writing. It can be something that was done for school or in his/her free time.
- We require two teacher references: one from a teacher of an academic subject and the other from any teacher of the student’s choosing. There is no standard form for these references. The teachers can feel to write whatever they’d like–as long/short, formal/informal as they wish. We are happy to accept the official ISAAGNY recommendation forms if teachers are already filling them out for other schools.
- If a student has regular contact with a division head/grade dean/guidance counselor, we’d also like the ISAAGNY Counselor Recommendation (available here).
- Feel free to send in anything else that you think might help us get to know the applicant, such as links to artwork/student films/recordings of music/etc. Electronic submissions are preferred but if you do send something via regular mail, please make sure it will fit in a file folder.
High school decisions will be emailed on Thursday, February 14th.