General Overview of Expectations, Practices and Cleaning Protocols
The expectations and practices described below are intended, to the greatest extent possible, to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 amongst our students, faculty and staff within a reduced density model. These policies are informed by the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, New York State Education Department and the New York City Department of Health. We will introduce these protocols to all faculty, staff, administrators, and students at the beginning of the school year.
Throughout this document reference is made to “fever and/or other COVID-19 symptoms.” A “fever” is a body temperature greater or equal to 100ºF; “other COVID-19 symptoms” include respiratory symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing), vomiting, diarrhea, rash, pink eye, runny nose, body aches, loss of taste and smell, or sore throat.
The following protocols and requirements will be in place until further notice. Adjustments may be made from time to time as conditions evolve and as determined necessary and appropriate.
- Housekeeping staff will continue to disinfect spaces frequently throughout the day, with particular attention to high-touch surfaces, and will be conducting a deep clean of school buildings and rented spaces every evening. Saint Ann’s will follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.). Bathrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day on a rotating basis.
- Hand sanitizer and EPA-registered cleaning wipes will be available in all classrooms and common areas for students and teachers to use to disinfect surfaces after every class.
- Students, faculty and staff will be required to wear masks while in school buildings. The school will have masks available on an as-needed basis, but everyone is encouraged to bring their own masks to wear every day.
- The school will teach and reinforce healthy hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or the use of hand sanitizer, especially after going to the bathroom, before and after eating, and after nose-blowing, coughing, or sneezing.
- Signage will be in place throughout campus reiterating healthy hygiene practices, mask-wearing, and space use protocols and capacity limits for classrooms, elevators, stairs, restrooms, and so on.
- The school will communicate regularly with parents and guardians via email and/or text messaging, the school website, and the Parent Portal (https://portals.veracross.com/sa/parent). Families should ensure that they know how to access the Parent Portal and review their contact information regularly to ensure that it is up-to-date.