Here you will find information about the Lower School application process. You can download all of the Lower School application forms, find answers to frequently asked questions, and view a timeline of the Lower School application process.
- Our Lower School is located at 153 Pierrepont Street, one block from our main building.
- Our Kindergarten is located at 124 Henry Street, about two blocks from our main building.
- The age cutoff for Kindergarten and 1st grade is September 1st.
- Tours of the Saint Ann’s Lower School run from late September through mid-December. You may schedule a tour at any point during the process by visiting our online tour registration page; please note these tours tend to fill up quickly. A tour is not a mandatory piece of the admission process.
- Tours are for parents only.
- All Lower School tours begin in our Kindergarten facility, located at 124 Henry Street, between Clark Street and Pierrepont Street. See directions and a map.
- The application deadline is September 29, 2017. If, at any point prior to this, the number of applicants exceeds the number of interview hours that we have available, we will have to stop accepting applications. Any applications submitted after this point and up until the deadline will be added to a wait pool.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $150.00 for new applications. If your child has previously applied to Saint Ann’s for Kindergarten, there is no new fee to apply the following year for 1st grade.
- If possible, please upload a small, recent photograph of your child with your application.
- After we have received your application, we will call to arrange an interview, which may take up to a month after the application submission. The interview takes about 45 minutes and consists of a series of activities and questions that often proves enjoyable for four- and five-year- olds.
- There is no formal parent interview and both parents are not required to be present. We do provide parents with feedback and a chance to ask questions after the child’s interview.
- Give the “ISAAGNY Evaluation Form” (available here) to your child’s current teacher. The teacher does not have to return it to us until he or she has had sufficient time to get to know your child. However, we must receive it by January 8, 2018. The form should be emailed to us at email@example.com or faxed to 646-883-9459. Please ask your child’s teacher not to send a hard copy if possible. If your child has attended more than one school, we will gladly accept evaluation forms from the other schools as well.
Kindergarten and 1st grade decisions will be emailed on Friday, February 9th.
Admission to the 2nd and 3rd grades is possible only if there is attrition. At this point we do not anticipate having any openings in these grades for 2018–2019. However, if you would like to submit an application and some basic information about your child, we will process the materials and contact you if we’d like to schedule an interview. All forms should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 646-883-9459.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2017. There is no fee to apply. There is a non-refundable fee of $150 only if we’re able to offer your child an interview.
- Give the “Lower School Teacher Evaluation” (available here) to your child’s current teacher. The teacher does not have to return it to us until he or she has had sufficient time to get to know your child. If your child has attended more than one school, we will gladly accept evaluation forms from other schools as well.
- Give the “Records Release Form” (available here) to your child’s current school so that they can send us your child’s transcripts/school reports.
- We will accept results from any of the following tests: ISEE, ERB (if your child is in a school that gives the ERB every year) or New York State tests (if your child is in a public school). If your child has not taken any of these tests and Saint Ann’s is the only private school to which you’re applying, you may hold off on having your child tested if you wish. We will contact you should a space arise and we need you to proceed with testing.