Here you will find information about the Middle School application process. You can download all of the Middle School application forms, find answers to frequently asked questions, and view a timeline of the Middle School application process.
– some quick facts
- Our Middle School is located at 129 Pierrepont Street, our main building.
- Middle School at Saint Ann’s runs from 4th grade through 8th grade.
- This large division is subdivided further into two stages:
- Lower Middle School (4th & 5th grades)
- Upper Middle School (6th, 7th & 8th grades)
- Each of those subdivisions has its own administrative office/HQ and team.
- Read more about our Middle School here.
- Read about the transition from Lower School to Middle School here.
Middle School Application Process for 2021-2022
Admission to our Middle School is possible only if there is attrition. We are happy to accept applications and process supplementary materials for your child in case a space arises. We will schedule interviews on a case-by-case basis if that happens. Please follow the steps below to complete the process.
Virtual Open House
- We will be hosting a virtual information session for parents interested in learning more about our Middle School. The session will follow a webinar format and will be an opportunity to learn about our school’s philosophy, program and community. You will have the chance to hear from our Head of School and our Middle School division heads. We will devote a portion of the event to a Q&A. You can sign up for a virtual open house at any point in the application process by going here.
Virtual Open Houses on Diversity and Institutional Equity
- We will be hosting two virtual open houses on diversity and institutional equity for families interested in learning more about our school’s approach to this work. These events will also follow a webinar format and are open to families applying to any/all grades. You can sign up for one of these events at any point in the application process by going here.
1) Submit an application through our online admissions portal
- The application deadline for 4th-8th grades is Tuesday, December 1st. There is no fee to apply.
2) Give the Records Release Form to your child’s current school
- The school should email your child’s most recent school reports/transcript to email@example.com by Friday, January 8th.
3) APPLICANTS FOR 4th AND 5th GRADES ONLY: Give the Lower Middle School Teacher Evaluation to your child’s current teacher
- Once your child’s teacher has had sufficient time to get to know your child, they school should fill out and email the evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 8th.
4) Read below for information on testing
- We do not require testing but will accept results from any of the following tests for 4th–8th grade applicants: ISEE, ERB (if your child is in a school that gives the ERB every year) or New York State tests (if your child is in a public school).
All 4th–8th grade decisions will be emailed on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.