Here you will find information about the Middle School application process. You can download all of the Middle School application forms, find answers to frequently asked questions, and view a timeline of the Middle School application process.
– some quick facts
- Our Middle School is located at 129 Pierrepont Street, our main building.
- Middle School at Saint Ann’s runs from 4th grade through 8th grade.
- This large division is subdivided further into three stages:
- Lower Middle School (4th & 5th grades)
- 6th grade
- Upper Middle School (7th & 8th grades)
- Each of those subdivisions has its own administrative office/HQ and team.
- Read more about our Middle School here.
- Read about the transition from Lower School to Middle School here.
Admission into the Middle School is possible only if there is attrition. If you would like to submit an application and some basic information about your child, we will process the materials and contact you should space arise. Please read below for details on the process.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2018.
- There is no fee to submit an application. There is a non-refundable fee of $150 only if we’re able to offer your child an interview.
- Interviews and tours will be scheduled based on availability of space in the grade to which your child is applying and at our discretion.
Below, you’ll find the supplementary materials required to complete your child’s application should we have an opening. All materials should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send hard copies, if possible.
- Give the “Records Release Form” (available here) to your child’s current school so that they can send us your child’s transcripts/school reports.
- APPLICANTS FOR 4TH AND 5TH GRADES ONLY: Please give the “Lower Middle School Teacher Evaluation” (available here) form to your child’s current teacher. This should be sent by the teacher directly to our office.
- We will accept results from any of the following tests for 4th-8th grade applicants: ISEE, ERB (if your child is in a school that gives the ERB every year) or New York State tests (if your child is in a public school). If your child has not taken any of these tests and Saint Ann’s is the only private school to which you’re applying, you may hold off on having your child tested if you wish. We will contact you should a space arise and we need you to proceed with testing.
- Feel free to send us any supplementary materials that would help us to know your child and her/his interests. If you do send something via regular mail, please make sure it will fit in a file folder.