Tuition & Financial Aid: Financial Aid (Prospective Families)
- SUBMIT YOUR CHILD’S APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION – Families applying for initial admission to our school will need to submit their admission application forms by the stated deadline and indicate their intention to apply for aid by answering “yes” to the question “Are you applying for financial aid?”
- COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL AID – Our school utilizes the School and Student Services (SSS) portal of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) to help evaluate financial need. This requires each candidate for financial aid to complete an SSS application. You can find the form in the parent and family section of the SSS website: https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal/familylogin. Saint Ann’s school code is 6312. The website begins accepting applications for the following academic year on October 2, 2019.
- TAX DOCUMENTS MUST BE UPLOADED – The school has automatic access to the application once it is flagged as completed. All requested documents must be uploaded in order for an application to be considered complete. (Your current year W-2 +/or forms 1099 will be requested in January.)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – Financial aid applications are due by December 16, 2019.
- FINAL DOCUMENTS – In January families will need to upload their most current (previous year) W-2 or 1099 forms.
- NOTIFICATION – If your child receives an offer of admission, you will be notified of your financial aid decision upon acceptance.
- APPLICATIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID MUST BE SUBMITTED EVERY YEAR – Aid awards are valid for one year only. All families receiving financial aid are required to re-apply annually.
Please note that if you don’t apply for financial aid in your child’s initial year, you will need to wait three years before applying again as it can be difficult to allocate financial aid in our budget once we have already committed support to families. We will strive to make exceptions in the event of an unforeseen hardship which results in a significant change in a family’s available income/assets.
Aid awards are conditional on receiving the completed application and all relevant documents. Financial Aid is awarded on the basis of financial need, and is distributed as equitably as possible based on an analysis of each family’s income, assets, and other relevant financial criteria. We will take all relevant data into account when evaluating your family’s financial aid request. Applications for tuition based financial aid are evaluated on an annual basis but non-tuition based financial aid is evaluated throughout the academic year. All applications for aid are treated in the strictest confidence. Any issues or questions that arise during the application process can be addressed by the Finance Office. Please feel free to contact the Finance Office at 718-522-1660, extension 213, or by sending a confidential e-mail to Financialemail@example.com